Drum Cussac is currently recruiting for an Analyst with a focus on West Africa and/or Southeast Asia to work in the Intelligence and Analysis Services team. The role may be based remotely, with regular trips to Drum Cussac’s Head Office. It will report to the Head of Intelligence and Analysis Services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Play a key analytical and editorial role in shaping departmental coverage, and lead the intelligence portfolio of assigned countries within West Africa and/or Southeast Asia region.
- Produce timely and relevant security, strategic and political risk analysis on selected topics of client, product and market interest.
- Lead the production of in-depth, customised reports (desktop threat and risk assessments) based on individual client requests.
- Manage online risk content for Drum Cussac’s RiskMonitorwith a focus on West Africa and/or Southeast Asia and its surrounding region.
- Develop, engage and maintain relationships with human source contacts and open-source networks in countries of responsibility.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong West Africa and/or Southeast Asia regional expertise proven in academic and commercial roles.
- Outstanding research, analysis and professional writing skills, with prior experience working in an analytical environment and a full understanding and experience with the intelligence cycle.
- Ability to effectively and confidently translate complex concepts into easily understood principals to internal and external clients in English to native-level competency.
- Understanding of the commercial world and what matters to business, and ability to make balanced, business-relevant analytical judgments.
- Ability to manage own time, concurrent tasks and responsibilities, meet regular deadlines and effectively handle time pressures.
- French language expertise is highly advantageous.
- Effective team player with excellent interpersonal communications skills and strong IT skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in professional research and analysis roles.
- Client-facing experience in the risk intelligence sector.
- Postgraduate degree in international relations, security / intelligence / regional studies or a related discipline.
- Candidates with a strong professional background in a related security, intelligence or related field will also be considered.
- Experience working directly with corporate and/or governmental clients is advantageous.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV by 25 October 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.