Sitting at the heart of Drum Cussac, the Global Operations Centre is looking for a new Part Time Operations Officer to be on the frontline of its customer interactions and service delivery.
Based at the Head Office in Bournemouth, UK, the Operations Officer role is a multifaceted one; dealing with live operations, risk monitoring and intelligence gathering on a daily basis.
This is an entry-level position with opportunities for career progression within the company, providing an excellent pathway into the industry.
The purpose of the position is to facilitate Drum Cussac’s key services through the following tasks:
- OverWatch – Proactive threat monitoring of travellers and assets
- Live Operations – Tackling incoming requests for assistance and support
- RiskMonitor Alerting – Producing real-time intelligence bulletins in a live environment
This is a part time role and following a comprehensive training programme you will routinely providing relief shift cover for 10 full time Global Operations Officers.
You will be expected to work ad hoc days and nights. Hours of work will typically be 12 hours per shift. On average you can expect to do 10 full shifts a month, depending on operational commitments and cover required; this can increase or decrease but is expected to be no more than 48 hours in any week.
The role includes the following:
- Respond to security requests into the Global Operations Centre from deployed personnel, in-country travellers, clients and on-the-ground security teams
- React to major security incidents by providing immediate assistance and advice, ensuring the safety of potentially affected personnel and producing detailed situation reports for client awareness
- Ad hoc travel security-related tasks as mandated by the Operations Management Team
- Provide operational and intelligence support to live operations including; emergency evacuations, crisis / incident response and journey management tasks
- Utilise a range of sources and software to produce timely security alerts on emerging events worldwide and address ad hoc intelligence requests from clients
- Prepare and distribute travel security advice and risk assessments prior to or during client travel to higher-risk locations
- Proactively monitor the security situation in locations where personnel are deployed and conduct regular checks to confirm the wellbeing of in-country travellers
The Part Time Global Operations Officer will report into the Head of the Global Operations Centre.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Service delivery under stressful situations
- Solutions-oriented, with a proactive approach to challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks with competing timelines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing operational requirements
- Excellent administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Supportive team player with ability to carry additional responsibilities calmly and professionally
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Must have a broad geographical knowledge and an active interest in current affairs
- Graduate degree level education or experience to a similar level desired
This is a part time position offering:
- Basic salary paid at £11.42 per hour
- Holiday pay accrued at 1.26 hours per 12 hour shift (paid quarterly)
- Participation in the company contributory workplace pension scheme
- Participation in the company performance-related bonus scheme
Successful applicants are ideally placed to progress to a full time Global Operations Officer position when available.
Applicants must be entitled to work in the UK and should note that formal interviews will be held in Bournemouth.
To Apply for this Position
Please submit your current CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Drum Cussac
Drum Cussac protects assets and employees travelling or located anywhere in the world at any time of day and night, putting clients in control and keeping their travellers safe.
Our Global Operations Centre, based in Bournemouth, UK, is manned 24/7/365 by intelligence operations analysts who handle over 250,000 separate communications every year and provide coverage for over 15 million lives worldwide.
The Global Operations Officers constantly analyse potential issues that may affect travellers’ security and well-being; aiming to identify security threats so that clients can be proactive, not simply reactive ‘after the event’.
We are risk and security specialists and have been operating on a global basis since 2000. Whether it is managing large scale emergency evacuations, handling kidnap for ransom situations or simply managing safe trips for travelling business people, Drum Cussac is here to assist.