Sitting at the heart of Drum Cussac, the Global Operations Centre is looking for a new Operations Officer to be on the frontline of its customer interactions and service delivery.
Sitting at the heart of Drum Cussac, the Global Operations Centre is looking for a new Operations Officer to be on the frontline of its customer interactions and service delivery. Based at Drum Cussac’s Head Office in Bournemouth, UK, the Global Operations Officer role is a multifaceted one; dealing with live operations, risk monitoring and intelligence gathering on a daily basis.
This is an entry-level position with opportunities for career progression within the company, providing an excellent pathway into the industry.
The purpose of the position is to facilitate Drum Cussac’s key services through the following tasks:
- OverWatch – Proactive threat monitoring of travellers and assets
- Live Operations – Tackling incoming requests for assistance and support
- RiskMonitor Alerting – Producing real-time intelligence bulletins in a live environment
The Global Operations Officer role includes the following duties:
- Respond to security requests into the Global Operations Centre from deployed personnel, in-country travellers, clients and on-the-ground security teams
- React to major security incidents by providing immediate assistance and advice, ensuring the safety of potentially affected personnel and producing detailed situation reports for client awareness
- Ad hoc travel security-related tasks as mandated by the Operations Management Team
- Provide operational and intelligence support to live operations including; emergency evacuations, crisis / incident response and journey management tasks
- Utilise a range of sources and software to produce timely security alerts on emerging events worldwide and address ad hoc intelligence requests from clients
- Prepare and distribute travel security advice and risk assessments prior to or during client travel to higher-risk locations
- Proactively monitor the security situation in locations where personnel are deployed and conduct regular checks to confirm the wellbeing of in-country travellers
- Take part in the standby-rota to cover RiskMonitor alerts during times of crisis operations
The Global Operations Officers report into the Head of the Global Operations Centre.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Service delivery under stressful situations
- Solutions-oriented, with a proactive approach to challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks with competing timelines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing operational requirements
- Excellent administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Supportive team player with ability to carry additional responsibilities calmly and professionally
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Must have a broad geographical knowledge and an active interest in current affairs
- Graduate degree level education or experience to a similar level desired
- Additional language skills an advantage
This is a full time position offering:
- Starting salary of £23,800 per annum – increasing to £25,800 after a successful 3-month probation period and by £500 per annum for subsequent two complete years of service
- Standby overtime paid at £11.42 per hour
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Normal hours of work are a rotating 12 hour shift pattern to ensure 24/7/365 operations, i.e. 4 shifts of days or nights followed by 4 days off – totalling no more than 48 hours in a week
- Participation in the company contributory workplace pension scheme
- Participation in the company performance-related bonus scheme
Applicants must be entitled to work in the UK and should note that formal interviews will be held in Bournemouth.
To Apply for this Position
Please submit your current CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate to email@example.com