What is the objective of this e-book?
- To help you understand and evaluate your own needs from a travel risk management provider
- Ensure you get the answers that will help you decide which provider will best suit your organisation
- To feel more equipped before going into the buying process
Download your free e-book for advice on choosing the best travel risk management provider for your specific business needs.
Self assessment: How well do you understand your own needs and capabilities?
It’s important for you to understand your own needs and capabilities before starting a conversation with a potential provider. First find out how much you know by scoring each question, and then understand your priorities by ranking their importance:
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these, then you’ve got a good understanding of your organisation, what your organisation does, and what your travel risk and security needs are.
What is a travel risk and security management platform?
A travel risk and security management platform helps you manage your organisational resilience. It should be user-friendly and possess intuitive technology, which you can access to maintain a view of your staff and assets wherever they are in the world, enabling you to act quickly if an incident should occur.
A travel risk and security management platform should enable you to:
- Easily manage and keep track of your business travellers and assets
- Communicate 2-way with your travellers
- Be able to react quickly in the event of an emergency
- Help fulfil your duty of care to your employees
What features should you look out for in a travel risk management platform and why?
Who needs to be involved in the selection of a travel risk management provider?
Depending on your organisation, there may be several stakeholders who need to be involved in the process of selecting and buying a travel risk management platform. Here is a list of the potential roles that could be involved in the selection process.
- Procurement: Key in the buying process
- Risk managers: Key in determining your relationship with current insurers
- Travel managers: Key for organising and monitoring corporate travel
- Security/Resilience: Key for people security and safety
- Health and Safety/Compliance: Key for people’s safety
- HR: Key for ensuring employee wellbeing and fulfilling your duty of care responsibilities
- Legal: Key for ensuring your duty of care responsibilities
- IT: Key for IT security and implementation
- Training: Key for people preparedness
[Template] Travel security staff satisfaction survey
Use these questions in a survey to your staff and review current satisfaction rate amongst your employees.
- How often do you travel for business a year?
- Do you see business travel as a benefit to your job?
- How safe do you currently feel travelling abroad for business?
- Very safe
- Very unsafe
- What are your main concerns when travelling for business?
- Road safety
- Personal safety
- Natural disasters
- Hotel safety
- Other [Comment]
- Have you ever experienced an incident whilst travelling abroad?
- Yes [Comment]
- Out of 5, how well do you feel your organisation cares for your wellbeing whilst you’re abroad
- What improvements would you suggest to get more out of your travel risk management programme?
- [Comment box]
[Contact us box]